222 items found, showing page 8 of 19
The following press release was issued by Passenger.
Transport minister hails SSE, Go-Ahead and BYD ADL partnership as they launch COP26 electric bus tour from London to Glasgow of net zero projects
The following press release was issued by SSE.
The Go-Ahead Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Fabian Amini as Chief Executive of its rail operations in Germany.
Fabian, 46, is a highly experienced leader in the rail industry with a track record of delivering passenger growth and commercial success. He will join the group from 1st January 2022.
- Go-Ahead and Arup publish blueprint for hubs to improve connectivity between transport services across the UK
- Bus interchanges could include solar-powered heating, lighting, digital services such as WiFi and real-time journey information, bike storage and electric charging points
- Larger hubs to be enhanced with gardens, co-working spaces, playgrounds and catering
- Concepts published as local authorities bid for £3 billion funding under the Government’s Bus Back Better programme
- Hubs are intended to create new community amenities and will help in shift towards low-carbon journeys
The Go-Ahead Group has appointed Ed Wills to become Managing Director of Brighton & Hove and Metrobus, replacing Martin Harris on his retirement in November.
The Go-Ahead Group has set out a strategy to increase spending with small and medium sized businesses across all 12 of its UK bus and rail operating companies.
- Cash payments on buses drop from 53% of transactions to 23% in three years
- Contactless bank cards, smart phone payments and smart cards become the dominant way to pay for journeys
- Five million journeys to date on Go-Ahead buses using ‘Tap On, Tap Off’ technology
- Digital payments can save up to three minutes at busy bus stops
The Go-Ahead Group is pleased to announce that its emissions reduction targets have been approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as consistent with levels required to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Following a thorough selection process, the Board of the Go-Ahead Group plc (“Go-Ahead”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Christian Schreyer as Group Chief Executive with effect from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting on 5 November 2021. He will join the Group on 1 November.
- Emissions to be cut 75% by 2035 and to net zero by 2045 – five years earlier than UK government target
- Timetable set for withdrawal of diesel buses and for an all-electric rail fleet
- Action plans introduced to reduce waste and to cut use of water and energy
- Go-Ahead views modal shift from cars to walking, cycling and public transport as critical in addressing climate change
- London’s largest electric bus garage in Northumberland Park to begin “bus to grid” feed of energy into UK power network
Go-Ahead today welcomes the announcement from the Department for Transport (DfT) regarding extended funding of bus services in England, to be provided by the UK Government.
- Education regulator endorses quality of Go-Ahead bus and rail apprenticeship schemes
- Inspectors find that bus drivers enjoy and value their training, and are enthusiastic about their jobs
- Ofsted praises “thoughtfully structured” rail scheme at Govia Thameslink Railway
- Go-Ahead is on course to hit a target of hiring 1,100 apprentices this year