183 items found, showing page 10 of 16
- London’s largest bus operator comes out on top against projects from Chile and Sweden
- Landmark site in Lambeth was the UK’s first all-electric bus garage
- The introduction of Go-Ahead London’s electric buses has prevented the emission of 2,500 tonnes of CO2
- Billion Journey Project now entering its third year, building on successful partnerships with start-up tech companies
- The 12-week programme supports transport start-ups and scale-ups, building towards innovative new services for Go-Ahead passengers
- Go-Ahead on track to cut carbon emission by 25% in 2021
- 2019 saw the business continue to cut carbon emissions for every vehicle mile
- Go-Ahead is continuing to build towards running a zero-emissions bus fleet by 2035
- Go-Ahead’s bus companies are promoting initiatives to stop the stigma around mental health for Mental Health Awareness Week
- Go-Ahead is seeking to highlight the role of buses in tackling loneliness and poor mental health
- The company is encouraging its bus colleagues to focus on wellbeing across the UK
- The chatty bus campaign, first launched in January, was welcomed by the then minister for loneliness, Mims Davies
The Go-Ahead Group’s dedication to sustainable transport has been recognised with a new award for chief executive David Brown.
- Go-Ahead will bring contactless bus fare capping outside of London for the first time, benefiting passengers on both Brighton & Hove and Metrobus services
- The fare cap will apply to tap-on tap-off ticketing on buses running across Sussex, Surrey and Kent
- Technology developed with Littlepay – the specialist gateway for contactless transit payments
- Next generation electric buses will operate in a zero-emission mode when in Brighton’s Ultra Low Emissions Zone, using geofencing technology
- Buses run on battery power and have a fully electric drive train, recharged by Euro 6 diesel generator when outside the Zone
- These extended range buses will run on one of Go-Ahead’s most popular routes in Brighton, served by up to 24 buses every hour
- Brighton & Hove Buses has the highest number of bus journeys per head outside of London at 67.5 million journeys last year
The Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed a further extension to the current Southeastern franchise which will now run to 1 April 2020 rather than expiring on 10 November 2019.
LONDON – The Go-Ahead Group today launches a campaign to encourage more women to apply for jobs in the bus industry – including driving buses, maintaining vehicles and managing depots.
The Go-Ahead Group plc today announces that Andrew Allner will step down as non-executive Chairman and retire from the Board following the conclusion of the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 31 October 2019.