230 items found, showing page 5 of 20
- PickMeUp service in High Wycombe to be operated by Carousel Buses, with support from Buckinghamshire Council
- Customers will be able to summon a bus using an app
- Initiative aims to get people out of their cars and onto shared minibuses
- Go North East launch nine new Voltra electric buses in Newcastle and Gateshead
- Go-Ahead is the largest operator of electric buses in the UK and accelerates towards target of operating a ‘net zero’ bus fleet by 2035
- Government’s Ultra-Low Emission Fund helps to fund £2m scheme bringing more electric buses to Newcastle and Gateshead
- Go-Ahead supports Bus Users UK, Catch the Bus Month, a charity that campaigns for inclusive and accessible transport
- Regional bus companies undertake community initiatives to mark Catch the Bus Month
- Go-Ahead sees significant growth in passenger numbers post COVID-19
- First of its kind toolkit created by Go South West
- Initiative is part of an inclusion strategy to support neurodiverse colleagues
- Extra time, materials and resources available to those diagnosed with Dyslexia
- Go North West’s buses are as busy as they were prior to COVID-19
- Manchester operator is the first Go-Ahead company in the UK to reach pre-pandemic levels
- Recovery boosted by high reliability, sufficient drivers and strong local economy
- Plans in place to lay on more buses as demand grows further
- Centre of Excellence for zero emission vehicles to be established in London
- High voltage electric substation installed in Oxford for upcoming electric bus fleet.
- Proof of concept demonstrated for Bus2Grid technology
- Fleet of hydrogen buses ordered for the Crawley, Redhill, and Gatwick area
- Go-Ahead hires more than 1,100 apprentices annually across its bus and rail operations
- Transport operator ranked 13th on list of the UK’s Top 100 apprentice Employers
- Ranking puts Go-Ahead top of six transport companies in the league table
What better way to see Britain’s dales, beaches, villages, and cityscapes than by bus? The Go-Ahead Group, which operates buses from the tip of Cornwall to Northumberland, has picked out ten of the best from its nationwide route network.
The list is inspired, in part, by the Reverend Richard Coles, the broadcaster and former Church of England parish priest, who recently named Go-Ahead’s number 12 service from Brighton to Eastbourne as “the best in the world”.
Reverend Coles said: “I will always encourage people to travel by bus because it’s a great way to see the country and takes cars off the road.”
Stretching from the Isle of Wight to Hadrian’s Wall, Go-Ahead’s favourite journeys are as follows. Welcome aboard!