166 items found, showing page 5 of 14
- Southeastern to launch mental health charter for rail operators this month, with the aim to extend to bus
- Covid-19 pandemic sharply escalates stress, anxiety and isolation among transport workers
- Go-Ahead is training Mental Health ‘First Aiders’ at every UK rail and bus business
- Switching one in 25 car journeys to public transport would save the UK two million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions
- Public transport and active travel (walking and cycling) are part of the Government’s Green Ten Point Plan
- Earth Day (22 April) encourages individuals to think how they can help to Restore Our Earth
David Brown, Chief Executive of Go-Ahead has provided a statement on the publication of the national bus strategy.
Three priorities unchanged through the pandemic: to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers; to play our role in society; and to protect our business.
- Super-deduction could enable investment in green transport technology
- Support for apprenticeships will be a boost for career switchers
- Go-Ahead calls for more measures to get people out of their cars
- 10 regional bus companies will each have go-to representatives on mental health
- Practical training is provided to spot triggers, reassure people in distress, and seek support
- Initiative developed in response to a UK-wide increase in anxiety during COVID-19 pandemic
- Go-Ahead tops table of 11 UK transport companies in independent ranking on community and environment
- The company received the highest scores overall of all bus and train operators
- Research is published by Britain’s Most Admired Companies (BMAC) - Britain’s longest running survey of corporate reputation
- The Go-Ahead Group sets a goal of hiring more than 1,100 apprentices across bus and rail in 2021
- Transport operator bucks the economy-wide trend of falling apprenticeship starts
- Two thirds of Go-Ahead’s apprentices will be deployed on London buses
The NHS and Metrobus have launched one of the UK’s first Covid-19 Mobile Vaccination Units in a bus in Crawley, targeting hard-to-reach and vulnerable communities.
Go-Ahead launches one of the UK’s first dedicated vaccination shuttle bus services in the North East
Go-Ahead bus company Go North East has today launched one of the UK’s first dedicated vaccination shuttle bus services.
- The Go-Ahead Group achieves “A minus” rating from the CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Emissions down 22% since 2016 despite international expansion in operations
- Impact of the “beast from the east” storm prompted renewed focus on climate change
- Rating reflects benefits of Britain’s largest fleet of zero-emission electric buses
- Apprenticeship applications double in rail and jump by a third in bus as transport attracts Coronavirus career switchers
- Despite the challenges of 2020, Go-Ahead has continued to invest in its workforce for the future
- Recruits include a former airline pilot, a member of the French Foreign legion, a prison van driver and a guitar instructor