166 items found, showing page 4 of 14
Following a thorough selection process, the Board of the Go-Ahead Group plc (“Go-Ahead”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Christian Schreyer as Group Chief Executive with effect from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting on 5 November 2021. He will join the Group on 1 November.
- Emissions to be cut 75% by 2035 and to net zero by 2045 – five years earlier than UK government target
- Timetable set for withdrawal of diesel buses and for an all-electric rail fleet
- Action plans introduced to reduce waste and to cut use of water and energy
- Go-Ahead views modal shift from cars to walking, cycling and public transport as critical in addressing climate change
- London’s largest electric bus garage in Northumberland Park to begin “bus to grid” feed of energy into UK power network
Go-Ahead today welcomes the announcement from the Department for Transport (DfT) regarding extended funding of bus services in England, to be provided by the UK Government.
- Education regulator endorses quality of Go-Ahead bus and rail apprenticeship schemes
- Inspectors find that bus drivers enjoy and value their training, and are enthusiastic about their jobs
- Ofsted praises “thoughtfully structured” rail scheme at Govia Thameslink Railway
- Go-Ahead is on course to hit a target of hiring 1,100 apprentices this year
Passenger, the UK’s top-rated public transport app provider has helped Go-Ahead Group successfully launch 17 apps in the space of just 5 weeks, as part of their partnership announced in January 2021.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has extended GTR’s Emergency Recovery Measures Agreement (ERMA) under the same contractual terms, from its current end date of 20 September 2021 until 31 March 2022.
The Go-Ahead Group today provides a trading update for the year ending 3 July 2021, ahead of the Group’s full year results scheduled to be announced on 9 September 2021.
We were delighted to host Geoff Marshall, the transport-themed author and video producer, in Newcastle recently to make a video about our Voltra electric buses - the first zero-emission buses in the north-east of England - and the team behind them.
- Go-Ahead features on Financial Times’ European Climate Leaders list 2021
- Only two European bus and rail operators qualify for the 300-strong ranking
- The group has cut carbon emissions by 7.5% annually per €1 million of revenue
The Board of the Go-Ahead Group plc (“Go-Ahead”) today announces that David Brown has notified the Board of his intention to retire as Group Chief Executive at the end of this year after more than 10 years leading the business.
The post-COVID railway carriage: Go-Ahead and Angel Trains plan flexible spaces for commuter and leisure travellers
- New concepts allow seating and luggage space to be adjusted according to demand
- Additional laptop space to meet “work from anywhere” expectations
- Dedicated space in each carriage for fold-up and full-size bicycles
- Designs are concepts for the future created by Go-Ahead and Angel Trains
- Martin has managed two of the UK’s busiest bus businesses (Brighton & Hove Buses and Metrobus) since 2013
- He has occupied senior roles across Go-Ahead since the mid-1980s
- His ground-breaking work as Managing Director has focused on community, partnerships, innovation, diversity and inclusion