10 items found
Go-Ahead to deploy 1,000-seat double-decker Siemens electric trains in Bavaria
- Go-Ahead to operate six additional German routes from December under a 12-year contract
- Double-decker trains coupled together with over 1,000 seats will provide extra capacity for commuters
- Additional evening services added to timetables
National Rail Contract awarded to Govia Thameslink Railway
The Go-Ahead Group today announces that the Department for Transport (DfT) has awarded a National Rail Contract (NRC) to Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) to continue operating the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern rail services, the UK’s largest railway network.
Go-Ahead pledges to spend at least £250m annually with small businesses
The Go-Ahead Group has set out a strategy to increase spending with small and medium sized businesses across all 12 of its UK bus and rail operating companies.
Go-Ahead pledges to source one third of all its supply chain from boosting local businesses
- Bus and rail services play a critical role in keeping communities connected
- Go-Ahead is supporting local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to remain viable and to grow during the pandemic and in the longer-term
- Go-Ahead’s bus and rail companies have delivered £5 million worth of community investment through volunteering, donations and fundraising in the past five years
Global eco programme awards Go-Ahead UK’s joint-highest transport score for carbon cutting
- Carbon Disclosure Project gives Go-Ahead new, high score in global league table for progress on sustainability and environmental measures
- Carbon emissions across the bus and train operator are down by 22 per cent per vehicle mile over the past two years.
- Go-Ahead also becomes the latest company awarded the London Stock Exchange’s new ‘Green Economy’ Accreditation.
Go-Ahead Buses and Trains Get WiFi Friendly
- Go-Ahead’s provision of onboard WiFi has been certified for safety and family-friendly content
- The Wifi Friendly scheme was launched by David Cameron, in partnership with The UK Council for Child Internet Safety
- Free WiFi is available onboard Go-Ahead buses and trains across the country
Go-Ahead begins running rail services in Baden-Wüttemberg
We are delighted to announce that Go-Ahead started operating rail services between Stuttgart, Karlsruhe and Aalen today.
Go-Ahead urges passengers to make better use of the “first and last mile” of their journeys
One of the UK’s largest train and bus operators is urging people to start the year in a healthy way by making walking, cycling or running a part of their everyday commute.
Go-Ahead awarded fifth rail network in Germany
The Go-Ahead Group is pleased to announce that it has been awarded lot 1 of the `Augsburger Netze´ routes by the Bavarian rail authority and the Baden-Wurttemberg public transport authority.