10 items found
- Go-Ahead to operate six additional German routes from December under a 12-year contract
- Double-decker trains coupled together with over 1,000 seats will provide extra capacity for commuters
- Additional evening services added to timetables
The Go-Ahead Group today announces that the Department for Transport (DfT) has awarded a National Rail Contract (NRC) to Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) to continue operating the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern rail services, the UK’s largest railway network.
The Go-Ahead Group has set out a strategy to increase spending with small and medium sized businesses across all 12 of its UK bus and rail operating companies.
- Bus and rail services play a critical role in keeping communities connected
- Go-Ahead is supporting local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to remain viable and to grow during the pandemic and in the longer-term
- Go-Ahead’s bus and rail companies have delivered £5 million worth of community investment through volunteering, donations and fundraising in the past five years
- Carbon Disclosure Project gives Go-Ahead new, high score in global league table for progress on sustainability and environmental measures
- Carbon emissions across the bus and train operator are down by 22 per cent per vehicle mile over the past two years.
- Go-Ahead also becomes the latest company awarded the London Stock Exchange’s new ‘Green Economy’ Accreditation.
- Go-Ahead’s provision of onboard WiFi has been certified for safety and family-friendly content
- The Wifi Friendly scheme was launched by David Cameron, in partnership with The UK Council for Child Internet Safety
- Free WiFi is available onboard Go-Ahead buses and trains across the country
We are delighted to announce that Go-Ahead started operating rail services between Stuttgart, Karlsruhe and Aalen today.
One of the UK’s largest train and bus operators is urging people to start the year in a healthy way by making walking, cycling or running a part of their everyday commute.
The Go-Ahead Group is pleased to announce that it has been awarded lot 1 of the `Augsburger Netze´ routes by the Bavarian rail authority and the Baden-Wurttemberg public transport authority.