178 items found, showing page 1 of 15
- Go North West’s buses are as busy as they were prior to COVID-19
- Manchester operator is the first Go-Ahead company in the UK to reach pre-pandemic levels
- Recovery boosted by high reliability, sufficient drivers and strong local economy
- Plans in place to lay on more buses as demand grows further
- Centre of Excellence for zero emission vehicles to be established in London
- High voltage electric substation installed in Oxford for upcoming electric bus fleet.
- Proof of concept demonstrated for Bus2Grid technology
- Fleet of hydrogen buses ordered for the Crawley, Redhill, and Gatwick area
- Go-Ahead hires more than 1,100 apprentices annually across its bus and rail operations
- Transport operator ranked 13th on list of the UK’s Top 100 apprentice Employers
- Ranking puts Go-Ahead top of six transport companies in the league table
What better way to see Britain’s dales, beaches, villages, and cityscapes than by bus? The Go-Ahead Group, which operates buses from the tip of Cornwall to Northumberland, has picked out ten of the best from its nationwide route network.
The list is inspired, in part, by the Reverend Richard Coles, the broadcaster and former Church of England parish priest, who recently named Go-Ahead’s number 12 service from Brighton to Eastbourne as “the best in the world”.
Reverend Coles said: “I will always encourage people to travel by bus because it’s a great way to see the country and takes cars off the road.”
Stretching from the Isle of Wight to Hadrian’s Wall, Go-Ahead’s favourite journeys are as follows. Welcome aboard!
- Nigel Featham appointed Managing Director of Go North East in addition to Go North West
- Ben Gilligan becomes Managing Director of East Yorkshire Buses
- Partnership will explore opportunities to bid for bus contracts in Paris
- The French market was identified as a priority under Go-Ahead's new corporate strategy