143 items found, showing page 1 of 12
- Brighton & Hove and Metrobus purchase 20 Wrightbus hydrogen fuel cell buses
- Buses to be deployed from June 2022 in the Crawley, Redhill and Gatwick Airport area
- Vehicles offer long range, quick charging capability and enhanced accessibility
- Contract is part of Go-Ahead’s commitment to a decarbonised bus fleet by 2035
- Go-Ahead to sponsor ‘People make transport’ event in Green Zone on Transport Day, headlined by DfT Minister Trudy Harrison
- MD Business Development Martin Dean to discuss how transport providers can work with communities to enable sustainable travel
- Go-Ahead recently hosted London launch of ‘Road to Renewables’ tour of electric double decker bus to Glasgow
The Go-Ahead Group, Britain’s largest operator of electric buses, welcomes news of additional funding for transport schemes in the Autumn Budget but urges a clear roadmap for decarbonisation of the national bus fleet.
The following press release was issued by Southern Vectis.
The following press release was issued by Passenger.
Transport minister hails SSE, Go-Ahead and BYD ADL partnership as they launch COP26 electric bus tour from London to Glasgow of net zero projects
The following press release was issued by SSE.
The Go-Ahead Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Fabian Amini as Chief Executive of its rail operations in Germany.
Fabian, 46, is a highly experienced leader in the rail industry with a track record of delivering passenger growth and commercial success. He will join the group from 1st January 2022.
- Go-Ahead and Arup publish blueprint for hubs to improve connectivity between transport services across the UK
- Bus interchanges could include solar-powered heating, lighting, digital services such as WiFi and real-time journey information, bike storage and electric charging points
- Larger hubs to be enhanced with gardens, co-working spaces, playgrounds and catering
- Concepts published as local authorities bid for £3 billion funding under the Government’s Bus Back Better programme
- Hubs are intended to create new community amenities and will help in shift towards low-carbon journeys
The Go-Ahead Group has appointed Ed Wills to become Managing Director of Brighton & Hove and Metrobus, replacing Martin Harris on his retirement in November.
The Go-Ahead Group has set out a strategy to increase spending with small and medium sized businesses across all 12 of its UK bus and rail operating companies.
- Cash payments on buses drop from 53% of transactions to 23% in three years
- Contactless bank cards, smart phone payments and smart cards become the dominant way to pay for journeys
- Five million journeys to date on Go-Ahead buses using ‘Tap On, Tap Off’ technology
- Digital payments can save up to three minutes at busy bus stops