143 items found, showing page 7 of 12
The Go-Ahead Group’s dedication to sustainable transport has been recognised with a new award for chief executive David Brown.
- Go-Ahead will bring contactless bus fare capping outside of London for the first time, benefiting passengers on both Brighton & Hove and Metrobus services
- The fare cap will apply to tap-on tap-off ticketing on buses running across Sussex, Surrey and Kent
- Technology developed with Littlepay – the specialist gateway for contactless transit payments
- Next generation electric buses will operate in a zero-emission mode when in Brighton’s Ultra Low Emissions Zone, using geofencing technology
- Buses run on battery power and have a fully electric drive train, recharged by Euro 6 diesel generator when outside the Zone
- These extended range buses will run on one of Go-Ahead’s most popular routes in Brighton, served by up to 24 buses every hour
- Brighton & Hove Buses has the highest number of bus journeys per head outside of London at 67.5 million journeys last year
The Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed a further extension to the current Southeastern franchise which will now run to 1 April 2020 rather than expiring on 10 November 2019.
LONDON – The Go-Ahead Group today launches a campaign to encourage more women to apply for jobs in the bus industry – including driving buses, maintaining vehicles and managing depots.
The Go-Ahead Group plc today announces that Andrew Allner will step down as non-executive Chairman and retire from the Board following the conclusion of the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 31 October 2019.
OXFORD, 25 JUNE – The UK’s largest demand-responsive bus service[i], today celebrates its first anniversary in Oxford.
The Go-Ahead Group (LON: GOG) is to expand its landmark “air-filtering” bus programme following a successful 100-day pilot and 9,000 miles covered in Southampton.
We are pleased to announce that Nigel Featham has been appointed as the new Managing Director of Go-North West, its new bus business in Manchester.
An extension to the current Southeastern franchise has been agreed following the announcement by the Secretary of State for Transport on 10 April.