196 items found, showing page 7 of 17
The Go-Ahead Group today provides a trading update for the year ending 3 July 2021, ahead of the Group’s full year results scheduled to be announced on 9 September 2021.
We were delighted to host Geoff Marshall, the transport-themed author and video producer, in Newcastle recently to make a video about our Voltra electric buses - the first zero-emission buses in the north-east of England - and the team behind them.
- Go-Ahead features on Financial Times’ European Climate Leaders list 2021
- Only two European bus and rail operators qualify for the 300-strong ranking
- The group has cut carbon emissions by 7.5% annually per €1 million of revenue
The Board of the Go-Ahead Group plc (“Go-Ahead”) today announces that David Brown has notified the Board of his intention to retire as Group Chief Executive at the end of this year after more than 10 years leading the business.
The post-COVID railway carriage: Go-Ahead and Angel Trains plan flexible spaces for commuter and leisure travellers
- New concepts allow seating and luggage space to be adjusted according to demand
- Additional laptop space to meet “work from anywhere” expectations
- Dedicated space in each carriage for fold-up and full-size bicycles
- Designs are concepts for the future created by Go-Ahead and Angel Trains
- Martin has managed two of the UK’s busiest bus businesses (Brighton & Hove Buses and Metrobus) since 2013
- He has occupied senior roles across Go-Ahead since the mid-1980s
- His ground-breaking work as Managing Director has focused on community, partnerships, innovation, diversity and inclusion
- Southeastern to launch mental health charter for rail operators this month, with the aim to extend to bus
- Covid-19 pandemic sharply escalates stress, anxiety and isolation among transport workers
- Go-Ahead is training Mental Health ‘First Aiders’ at every UK rail and bus business
- Switching one in 25 car journeys to public transport would save the UK two million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions
- Public transport and active travel (walking and cycling) are part of the Government’s Green Ten Point Plan
- Earth Day (22 April) encourages individuals to think how they can help to Restore Our Earth
David Brown, Chief Executive of Go-Ahead has provided a statement on the publication of the national bus strategy.
Three priorities unchanged through the pandemic: to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our colleagues and customers; to play our role in society; and to protect our business.
- Super-deduction could enable investment in green transport technology
- Support for apprenticeships will be a boost for career switchers
- Go-Ahead calls for more measures to get people out of their cars
- 10 regional bus companies will each have go-to representatives on mental health
- Practical training is provided to spot triggers, reassure people in distress, and seek support
- Initiative developed in response to a UK-wide increase in anxiety during COVID-19 pandemic